Evolution cannot be combined with Christianity for the following reasons:
- The Bible states 10 times that life reproduces only “after its own kind.” This is certainly true as we observe the biological world around us. Dogs stay dogs, and people stay people. Yet evolution preaches that all life is a blurred continuum.
- The God of the Bible demands unselfish sacrifice for the good of others. “…whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant” (Matthew 20:27). Would this same God use a method of dead ends, extinctions, and survival of the fittest to make us?
- Belief in evolution justified the excesses of the industrial revolution, the Nazi elimination of the Jews, and the rise of Marxism and Communism. It also serves as the justification for disbelief in God. If we are a product of biological forces, why not extend these forces into our dealing with other humans? Animal groups do not lament wiping each another out in order to survive. Why shouldn’t we do the same if we are just part of an evolutionary process which formed us?
- There is abundant scientific evidence that one kind of creature changing into another kind of creature has never taken place. The fossil record shows no credible links between major groups of plants and animals; the chemical structure of DNA contains useful information which could not have developed by natural processes; and there is abundant evidence for a worldwide flood, which contradicts the long timespan necessary for evolution.
Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations.1
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.Proverbs 14:12
References and Notes
- Kleiss, Richard L.; Kleiss, Tina. A Closer Look at the Evidence. Search for the Truth publications. Kindle Edition.